Potato and spring onions are the best vegetables that are easily available in everyone’s kitchen. This potato and spring onion curry is easy and quick recipe to prepare at home. A spring onion consists of rich nutrients which controls the cholesterols levels in body and also reduces the risk factor of heart attacks. This vegetable strengthens the immune system. This rich carbohydrate vegetable is best mixed with potatoes for making this tasty curry. Lets see the recipe of potato spring onions stir fry.
Preparing time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Servings: 2 – 3 persons
Ingredients required for making potato and spring onion curry
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tbsp
- Chopped potatoes – 1
- Salt – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tbsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tbsp
- Garam masala powder – ½ tbsp
- Chopped spring onions – 1 cup
- Coriander leaves
Process of making potato and spring onion curry
- Take a pan on stove and add oil to it. Now put jeera or cumin seeds in the hot oil.
- Add chopped potatoes into it. Mix it well and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle required amount of salt, red chilli powder, garam masala powder and turmeric powder in it. Saute for 1 more minute.
- Now add chopped fresh spring onions and mix it well. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Close the lid and cook for another 2 minutes. Saute for 1 minute.
- Garnish this potato spring onion curry with fresh coriander leaves.
Suggestions and reviews
- While cooking the green leafy vegetables cool them on high flame, if not they will drop the water and vegetables will not become dry.
- Don’t cook the green leafy vegetables by closing the lid. If you do that the vegetables will not be in natural color.
Best ways of serving potato and spring onion stir fry
This potato and spring onion curry is best served as a side for roti or dal rice. Taste the curry when it is hot.