Potato is the only vegetable that is easy to mix with any other vegetable while making dishes. It improves the taste of the dish with nice fragrance. Today we will cook the potatoes with brinjal or eggplant. Eggplant or brinjal is having rich vitamins and proteins. This north style potato eggplant curry needs tomatoes, onions and masalas. Lets see how to prepare potato eggplant curry in north Indian style.
Preparing time: 10 Mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
Servings: 2 – 3 persons
Ingredients required for making potato brinjal / eggplant curry
- Oil – 4 tbsp
- Cumin seeds – 1tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 2 pinches
- Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
- Finely green chillies – 2
- Chopped ginger – 1 tbsp
- Chopped potatoes – 2
- Chopped brinjal pieces – 2
- Salt – Required or 1 tbsp
- Red chili powder – 2 tbsp
- Mango powder – 2 tbsp
- Water – 250 ml
- Garam masala powder – 1 tbsp
- Coriander leaves
Process of making potato eggplant recipe North Indian style
- Take a pan on stove and add oil to it. After oil is hot at cumin seeds, turmeric powder, coriander powder, chopped ginger and chopped green chillies. Mix it well.
- Now add chopped potatoes and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add chopped brinjals and mix it well. Sprinkle required amount of salt.
- Add Red chilli powder and sauté for another 5 minutes. Add mango powder and mix it well.
- Now add 250 ml of water and put garam masala powder.
- Garnish this north Indian style potato eggplant curry with coriander leaves.