Here is a delicious and spicy country chicken recipe. Tasty non veg country chicken curry is best served as a side for roti or white rice or it can be eaten even as a starter. This country chicken curry is prepared with mix of lot of masala powders. Adding tamarind water adds a nice taste to the country chicken dish. Make your weekends more special by preparing this country chicken at home. Lets see how to prepare country chicken.
Ingredients required for making country chicken at home
- Country chicken – ½ kg
- Garam masala – 3 tbsp
- Salt – 6 tbsp
- Green chilli
- Onions – 5
- Cloves – 3
- Tamarind water
- Coriander leaves
- Chicken masala – 2 tbsp
- Coriander powder – 3 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 6 tbsp
- Red chilli powder – 3 tbsp
- Poppy seeds – 1 tbsp
- Cinnamon – half stick
Procedure of making country chicken
- Take a pressure cooker on stove and add 1 cup of water. Give a medium flame.
- Now add red chilli powder, salt, ginger garlic paste, oil, turmeric powder and country chicken. Mix it well.
- Cook the country chicken in pressure cooker for 20 minutes or till 4 whistles.
- Drain the excess water from the chicken and collect it into a separate bowl. Keep the drained water aside.
- Take a pan on the stove and add spices and poppy seeds. Give a stir fry in simmer till the shade of poppy seeds turns brown. Collect it into a small bowl. Make a powder with these fried spices.
- Take another pan on the stove and oil to it. Put some chopped green chillies and chopped onions.
- Saute until golden brown color. Add coriander powder, spices mix powder that we prepared, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and required salt. Mix it well.
- Add garam masala powder and tamarind water. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Now put the boiled country chicken in the frying onion mixture and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the drained stock water that obtained after cooking country chicken.
- Add salt and chicken masala. Mix it well and garnish this country chicken curry with coriander leaves.