Aloo ka bharta is an Indian style famous mashed potatoes recipe. This side dish recipe goes well with white rice or roti or naan. It is easy and quick potato curry recipe that is prepared with light masala powders. Aloo ka bhartha or aloo bartha is best prepared in North India. Taste the real flavors of spices along with potatoes. Using of mashed potatoes for making this Aloo ka bartha recipe gives a nice texture to the curry. Lets see how to prepare this Aloo ka bhartha or aloo ka bartha curry at home.
- Boiled Potatoes – 3
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Mustard seeds – ½ tbsp
- Cumin seeds – ½ tbsp
- Salt – ½ tbsp
- Chopped onions – 1 cup
- Dry red chillies – 1
- Chopped garlic cloves – ½ tbsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tbsp
- Coriander leaves – ½ cup
Procedure of making Aloo ka bartha recipe
- Take a bowl and add boiled potatoes into it. Mash the potatoes nicely and keep this aside.
- Take a pan on stove and add oil to it. Put some mustard seeds, cumin seeds, salt and chopped onions. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add dry red chilli, chopped garlic cloves, red chilli powder and few fresh coriander leaves.
- Now add mashed potatoes into this mixture and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Tasty Aloo ka Bartha is ready to plate.