Falooda is a perfect Indian dessert that is best for beating the summer. Falooda looks colorful because of mix of rose syrup and garnishes with ice cream and nuts on the top. Basil seeds are most popularly used during summers. Soaking of basil seeds in water and drinking after 15 minutes will control the body temperature quickly. In this falooda recipe we added few soaked basil or sabja seeds too. Choose your favorite ice cream to top the Falooda. Adding scoops of ice cream gives a nice taste. Lets see how to prepare Falooda dessert or sweet beverage at home.
Ingredients required for making falooda at home
- Milk – 500ML
- Sugar – ½ cup
- Rose syrup
- Almonds & pista
- Mixed fruit jam
- Sabja seeds / Basil seeds – ½ cup
- Vermicelli – 50 grms
- Vanilla ice cream
- Saffron strands
Procedure of making Falooda at home
- Soak the cup of basil seeds or sabja seeds in water for 30 minutes.
- Take a pan on stove and add 1 cup of water to it. Add vermicelli and boil for 5 minutes.
- Drain the vermicelli by taking into a plate.
- Take another pan and add 1 cup of milk. Boil the milk for 10 minutes. Turn off the stove and keep the vessel aside.
- In this add ½ cup of sugar and rose syrup. Mix this well.
- Collect it into a cup. Now take serving bowl and add 1 or 2 tbsp of soaked basil seeds or sabja seeds. Put the boiled vermicelli, mixed fruit jam and boiled milk.
- At last add your favorite ice cream flavor or vanilla ice cream on the top.
- Garnish the top layer with chopped almonds & pista. Use saffron strands to finish garnishing the falooda.
Tasty falooda is ready to eat.