Deciding the curry is a very important task in everyone’s daily routine. Today we are going to prepare the best and simple dish by using the vegetables like potato which are easily available at home. Its not normal potato and onion curry that we are making today, It’s a Potato kofta or potato balls curry that is prepared in Chinese style. Now a days chinese food is preferred by most of the children. Lets see how to prepare this potato patties or potato balls or potato koftas or aloo kofta curry at home.
Preparing time of potato balls: 20 mins
Cooking time: 25 – 30 mins
Servings: 4 persons
Ingredients for potato balls or potato kofta curry
- Chopped onions – 2
- Cashewnuts – 10
- Garlic cloves – 4
- Ginger (chopped) – small piece
- Oil – 8 tbsp
- Red chili powder – 1 tbsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
- Kasuri methi – 1 tbsp
- Tomato puree – 1 cup
- Salt – 2 tbsp
- Milk – ½ cup
- Fresh cream – ½ cup
- Honey – 1 tbsp
- Sugar – 1 tbsp
- Potatoes (boiled) – 3
- Green chillies (chopped) – 2
- Cheese – 2 tbsp
- Corn flour – 2 tbsp
Process of making potato balls or potato kofta at home
- Take a fresh empty bowl and add chopped onions, cashewnuts, chopped ginger and chopped garlic. Mix them well and add to a mix jar and grind it into a fine thick paste.
- Put a non stick pan on stove and add 4 tbsp of oil to it. Add this grinded thick paste to the oil.
- Add red chili powder, coriander powder, kasuri methi and 1 cup of tomato puree. Sprinkle required amount of salt in this mixture and mix it well. Saute for 5 minutes.
- Cook it for 3 more minutes by closing the vessel with lid. Now add ½ cup of milk, ½ cup fresh cream and honey. Mix it well and sauté for 10 minutes.
- After cooking for 5 minutes add sugar and turn off the flame. Collect this gravy into a plate and let it cool.
- Meanwhile take the boiled potatoes and peel them. Cut the potatoes into medium size pieces and mash them nicely. In this mashed potatoes add chopped green chillies, cheese, corn flour and salt. Mix it well and make thick dough.
- After making dough make a round balls with palms and press them into flat shape. Like shown in image. Do the same with remaining potato dough.
- Now keep a pan for frying these potato koftas. Add 4 tbsp of oil to it. Let the oil get hot. Put these potato koftas or aloo koftas in the oil and fry to golden brown color to both sides.
- Collect the koftas from the oil and put them in the gravy that is collected in the plate.
- Garnish them with coriander leaves and taste it.
Suggestions and reviews for potato kofta / potato balls curry
- While making of potato balls or koftas, adding cornflour doesn’t allow the koftas to bursts.
- Make sure that the corn seeds are placed in between the koftas and closed from all sides.
- While boiling the potato balls or potato koftas the oil should be in medium hot. So heat the oil on medium flame.
Best ways of serving
This potato kofta / potato balls are best served with roti and paratha.