Sweet corn biryani, a delicious recipe prepared at home. We can quickly make this tasty corn biryani which is perfect at all servings. It is served with raita of your choice, it is the best combination and adds more flavor to the dish. Now let us see the cooking procedure and ingredients used to make this delicious corn biryani.
- Sweet corn- 1 cup
- Basmati rice- 2 cups
- Green chilli- 3- chopped
- Onion slices- 1/2 cup
- Ginger and garlic paste-1 spoon
- Ghee- 2 spoons
- Coconut milk- 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Chilli powder- 2 spoon
- Turmeric powder- 1/4 spoon
- Mint leaves chopped- 1/4 cup
- Coriander leaves chopped- 1/4 cup
- Water- 3 cups
- Chopped tomato- 2
- Oil as required
- Bay leaf- 1 leaf
- Cinnamon stick- 2
- Cloves- 4
- Cardamom- 3
Step 1: Soak basmati rice in a bowl for half an hour. later drain water and set aside.
Step 2: In a long bottomed vessel, heat oil and ghee together. add bay leaf, cinnamon, cloves and cardamom to it.
Step 3: Saute the spices well, add onions slices and saute it well till it turns into golden brown color.
Step 4: Add ginger and garlic paste, chopped tomatoes and saute it well and cook it well till it becomes paste.
Step 5: Add green chillies, chopped coriander, mint leaves and mix all the ingredients well.
Step 6: Add corn kernels, turmeric powder, chilli powder, coconut milk and salt. saute it well and cook till the mixture thickens.
Step 7: Add gravy to rice along with required amount of water.
Step 8: Check salt and add if necessary, Cook rice in cooker.
Step 9: Garnish with coriander leaves and serve in a bowl.
Enjoy the taste of delicious corn biryani.
- Sweet corn contains essential proteins, vitamins and minerals that are needed to our body.
- It contains several anti-oxidants which plays a vital role in preventing anti-aging of skin and inflammation.
- Corn is rich source for dietary fibre, it reduces the risk of heart diseases and diabetes.
- It contains thiamin that helps body to convert carbohydrates into energy.
- It promotes healthy vision , protects from cancer diseases.