Dal fry is a popular and delicious Indian recipe that is prepared with healthy lentils. Usually dal fry is served at Punjabi dhabas along with rotis. This protein rich dal fry is prepared in pressure cooker and tempered with Indian curry spices. Lets see how to prepare dal fry at home.
Ingredients required for making dal fry at home
- Ghee – 2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tbsp
- Chopped garlic – 1 tbsp
- Chopped tomato – 1 cup
- Chopped onions – 1 cup
- Kasuri methi
- Salt – 1 tbsp
- Coriander leaves
- Bengal gram (chana dal) – 1 cup
- Red gram (masoor ni dal) – 1 cup
- Red chilli powder – 1 tbsp
- Garam masala – 1 tbsp
- Curry leaves
- Chopped green chillies
- Chopped ginger – 1 tbsp
- Red chillies
- Bey leaves
Procedure of making dal fry at home
- Take a cup and add Bengal gram and red gram to it. Wash these with fresh water and drain them.
- Add this washed Bengal and red gram in a pressure cooker. Add turmeric powder, salt and 4 cups of water.
- Close the pressure cooker and cook for 3 whistles. Collect the dal into a bowl and keep this aside.
- Take a pan on stove and add ghee to it. Now add red chillies, bey leafs, cumin seeds, chopped garlic, chopped ginger, chopped green chillies, chopped onions, chopped tomatoes and curry leaves.
- Mix all the ingredients. Sprinkle required salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder and kasoori methi. Mix it well. Add coriander leaves and now add cooked dal. Mix it well.
Tasty dal fry is ready to serve. Dal fry is best served as a side dish for rotis, pulka or white rice.