Veg fish is a best vegetarian snack item with non veg fish look. This is a 100% vegetarian snack item which is stuffed with potato mix in between. Veg fish is a perfect snack item for the evening. Surprise your loved ones with nice veg fish snack. The outer layer of this veg fish is made up of maida and the inner stuff is vegetable stuff. It is easy and quick to prepare with all the kitchen ingredients. Lets see the video or procedure of making Veg fish snack item at home.
Ingredients required for making veg fish at home
- Maida – 1 cup
- Salt – 4 tbsp
- Potatoes – 3
- Chat masala – 1 tbsp
- Saunf – 1 tbsp
- Black pepper – 1 tbsp
- Mango powder – 1 tbsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tbsp
- Kitchen king masala – 1 tbsp
- Oil for deep fry
Procedure of making veg fish at home
- Boil the potatoes in a pressure cooker and keep them aside.
- Take a small mixing bowl and add maida to it.
- Add salt and mix it well by adding little water as per dough consistency.
- Add ghee 2 tbsp and mix it well. Let the maida dough rest for 30 minutes.
- Now take boiled potatoes and mash them nicely.
- Add chat masala, Kitchen king masala, salt, black pepper and mango powder. Mix it well.
- Add red chilli powder and saunf. Mix it well. Now the stuffing is ready.
- Now start making small balls with maida dough.
- Take a chapathi board and dry flour. Now dip the maida dough balls in the dry powder and start making thick chapathis. Fill the chapathi with stuffing in the middle and cut the edges as shown.
- Fold the layers nicely and fix them with cloves. Do the same with remaining dough.
- Now put a frying pan with oil for frying this veg fishes. Fry them nicely till golden shade. Garnish with coriander leaves and taste them.
Tasty veg fish are ready to eat.
Suggestions for making veg fish at home
- Use fresh all purpose or maida flour for making this veg fish recipe.
- Make sure you cut the layers of maida nicely and fold them into the shape as shown in the video.
- Taste this veg fish snack item with green sauce or tomato ketchup.
- Garnish the veg fish snack with onions, tomato slices, and fresh coriander leaves.