Making samosa is very easy. Samosa’s are made with different stuff in it. People choose variety of vegetables for preparing the samosa stuff. We used flattened rice or poha for making samosa filling. You can also add cooked potato pieces or peas for making samosa. These samosas are made with completely scratch. Outer crispy layer is made with refined flour and wheat flour. Samosas are best served with tomato ketchup or sauce. Checkout the tasty snack samosa recipe here.
Ingredients required for making samosa at home
- Refined flour – 1 cup
- Wheat flour – 1 cup
- Salt – 2 tbsp
- Corn flour
- Chat masala – 1 pinch
- Flatened rice (poha) – 1 cup
- Red chilli powder – 1tbsp
- Chopped onions – 1 cup
- Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
- Chopped green chillies
- Chopped coriander leaves
Step by step procedure of making samosa at home
- Take a cup of refined flour or maida in a big bowl and add wheat flour, salt and 2tbsp of oil.
- Mix well by adding little water. Make smooth dough and cover the bowl with plate. Rest it for 1 hour.
- Take another bowl and add cup of chopped onions, flattened rice (poha), red chilli powder, pinch of chat masala, coriander powder, few chopped green chillies, salt 1 tbsp and chopped coriander leaves. Mix it well.
- Now make small balls with dough and take a chapathi board. Sprinkle dry powder on the chapathi board and make a flat chapathi. Cut the edges by making chapathi in square shape.
- Take a pan and light toast the chapathi by giving little heat to eat.
- Take knife and cut it into three equal straight strips. Fold the strips in samosa shape and fill that with masala stuff prepared.
- Use cornflour water for closing the edges.
- Take another deep fry pan on the stove and add oil to it. After oil is hot put these samosas in the hot oil. Fry them by turning both the sides till golden brown in color. Tasty masala samosa is ready to eat.