Cooking plain pulao at home is easy for working womens. It is simply easy and time consuming recipe. Now a days due to busy lives women are not having time to spend more time in kitchen for preparing food items. In that case this plain pulao recipe works out. Don’t spend time in preparing heavy and tastless food. This plain pulao rice is easy to make at home with our quick recipe by saving some time. Plain pulao can be prepared for children breakfast too. Checkout the plain rice pulao recipe here.
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
Ingredients for plain pulao recipe
- Basmathi ric – 2 cup
- Onion – 1
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tbsp
- Green chilli – 3
- Peas – 1/3 tbsp
- Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp
- Water – 3 ½ cup
- Black pepper seeds – 1 tbsp
- Cardamom seeds – 2
- Pulses – ¼ inch
- Star anise – 1
- Salt (required)
Process of preparing plain pulao
- Soak the basmathi rice for half-hour and wash the rice 3 – 4 times with fresh water. Rinse the water and keep the rice a side.
- Chop the onions, green chillies and remove the peas.
- Take a cooker on stove and add oil to it. After oil getting hot add cumin seeds.
- Now add pulses, black pepper seeds, star anise and cardamom seeds and mix it well.
- Add chopped onions, green chillies, garlic and ginger paste. Fry the onions till golden brown.
- Turn the flame into medium and add turmeric powder.
- Now add soaked and rinsed basmathi rice into it and mix it well.
- Add required amount of water for rice into it.
- Close the pressure cooker with lid and let it finish giving 2 – 3 whistles.
- Turn off the flame and let the pressure goes out. Keep the pressure cooker a side for 5 – 10 mins.
- Now open the lid and add coriander leaves on it. Plain pulao rice is ready to eat now.
Suggestions and reviews
You can also add different vegetables like carrot, cauliflower and peas. So that the children can eat colorful food more likely and also it is healthy too.
Best ways to serve plain pulao recipe
Taste the plain pulao with tomato ketchup or raitha. Eat the plain pulao when it is hot so that you can enjoy every flavor.