Making of rice kheer at home is simple and easy. This special sweet dish is prepared with boiled milk and rice. Sugar or jaggery is used for making of this rice kheer. It is also called as rice kheer or rice pudding which is specially cooked by households throughout India for festivals. For garnishing this sweet rice kheer recipe we used raisins, almonds, cashews and pista. Cardamom powder gives a nice flavor to this sweet rice kheer. Try preparing this at home and enjoy the taste.
Ingredients required for making rice kheer at home
- Basmathi rice – ½ cup
- Milk – 1 liter
- Sugar – ½ cup
- Elachi powder – 1 tbsp
- Ghee ½ cup
- Cashew nuts
- Saffron strands
Procedure of rice kheer
- Firstly soak the basmathi rice in water for 30 minutes.
- Then take pan add fresh milk and boil it.
- Now drain the extra water from the basmathi rice and put this soaked rice into the boiling milk.
- Mix it well and add sugar. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Put chopped pista, almonds, cashews and raisins. Saute for 2 more minutes.
- Sprinkle cardamom powder and add few saffron strands. Turn off the flame.
- Collect it into serving bowl and garnish with dry fruits.
Sweet rice kheer is ready to taste. Enjoy the flavor.
- You can even use normal rice instead of basmathi for making this rice kheer recipe at home.
- Add raisins and saffron for enjoying the real taste of rice kheer.
- Soaking the rice before making the rice kheer recipe is important.