It is easy and quick to make rasmalai sweet at home. Soft and mouth melting rasmalai is prepared with cottage cheese balls. Rasmalai is a sweet Bengali dessert item that is loved by everyone. Preparing of rasmalai sweet at home is easy. Milk and sugar syrup adds sweetness to the rasmalai sweet item. The name Rasmalai comes from two words in Hindi called Ras = Juice and Malai = Cream. Taste this sweet item by preparing at home. Here is the step by step process and also the video of how to make rasmalai sweet at home.
Ingredients required for rasmalai sweet
- Milk – 2 liters
- Sugar – 1 bowl
- Lemon juice
- Cardamom powder – 1 tbsp
- Cashew nuts / kaju
Procedure of making rasmalai sweet at home
- Take a fresh pan on the stove and add milk to it. Add lemon juice and wait till the milk cuddles formation.
- Now turn off the flame and drain the water from milk cuddles by using cloth.
- Wash this milk cuddle mixture with water to get rid of sour taste.
- Collect this milk cuddle mixture and make dough. Start making small flat balls with this dough. Keep them aside.
- Now take another pan on the stove and add sugar and water. Let the Sugar water boil for few minutes.
- Can you see the sugar water boiling now add this Milk cuddle flat balls in the syrup and boil for 5 minutes. Turn off the flame.
- Now take another pan and add milk to it. Boil for 30 minutes.
- Put ½ cup of sugar, chopped almonds, chopped pista, chopped kaju and finally add cardamom powder. Mix all well. Turn off the flame.
- Now take the rasmalai balls from sugar syrup and dip them in this prepared milk liquid.
Tasty and sweet rasamalai is ready to eat.