Quick and easy recipe of potato pulav. Potato pulao or aloo rice is a great dish that can be repared within less time. Are you having less time for preparing food? Then you can prefer this potato pulao at home. Preparing of potato rice or aloo rice at home is very easy that’s why it is preferred by bachelors or the boys & girls who are staying away from home. It doesn’t need much effort to prepare this potato pulao at home. If you don’t have any vegetables at home means you can even try this as a plain pulav. So lets see how to prepare potato pulav at home with our recipe. What is the easy way to prepare aloo pulao or potato pulav?
Preparation time for potato pulav: 30 mins
Cooking time for aloo pulao: 20 mins
Servings : 2 persons
Ingredients for making aloo rice / potato rice at home
- Rice – 300 grms
- Boiled potatoes – 2
- Onion – 1
- Green chillies – 2
- Ginger and garlic paste
- Coriander leaves
- Tomato – 1
- Jeera (cumin seeds)
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tbsp
- Red chilli powder – ½ tbsp
- Kasturi methi powder
- Pav bhaji masala powder
How to make potato pulav / aloo pulav
- Cook the rice and let it cool down.
- Take boiled potato and cut it into small pieces.
- Take a vessel on stove by adding oil. After oil getting hot add cumin seeds and leafs. Fry it.
- Now add chopped onions and green chillies to the oil. Fry the onions till brown and add ginger garlic paste. Mix it well.
- Then add above mentioned masala with required amount of salt and kasthuri methi powder.
- Mix it well. After getting the masala odors add chopped tomato pieces. Fry the tomatoes nicely.
- Add boiled potato pieces into this and fry it for a while. By doing this all the masala flavors will be absorbed by the potatoes.
- At last add the cooked rice and mix it well, so that all the masalas will get mixed with rice.
- If required add little ghee to it and mix well.
- After 2 mins turn off the flame and garnish this potato pulao with coriander leaves.
Suggestions and reviews for aloo pulao
- While cooking the rice add required amount of salt into the boiling rice.
- No need of cooking the rice fully for aloo pulao.
- In finishing you can even add lemon juice in the aloo pulao rice for mild taste.
Best ways of serving aloo pulav / potato pulao
Serve this tasty food with Dal fry or raitha which is called as a best combination with potato pulao.