Making of dishes with potato is very easy and quick. Potato is the only vegetable that can be prepared in so many easy ways. Today we are going to give you the recipe of onion potato curry. Those who doesn’t know cooking and those who just started learning cooking can easily prepare this tasty onion potato curry. This dish is best served with poori, paratha and chapathi. Lets see the recipe of how to make onion potato curry at home.
Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 40 mins
Servings: 3 -4 persons
Ingredients required for making potato onion curry
- Big size potatoes – 4 – 5
- Onions – 2
- Tomato – 2
- Garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Ginger paste – ½ tbsp
- Green coriander leaves
- Cumin seeds
- Turmeric – ½ tbsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
- Chilli powder – 2 tbsp
- Garam masala
- Salt (required)
Direction for cooking potato and onion curry at home recipe
- Take a cooking pan on stove and give a medium flame. Add oil and heat it.
- Now add cumin seeds in the hot oil. After getting the fragrance of cumin seeds add finely chopped onions into the oil.
- Fry it for few minutes and add ginger & garlic paste in it. Mix it well.
- Fry the onions till they change the color. Make a tomato paste using grinder and put that paste in the onions and cook it well.
- After cooking the pastes add dry spices and salt. Mix them well.
- Put little amount of yogurt in this mixture and cook it for a while. By mixing the yogurt in this onion mixture we can get mild taste. It improves the taste and fragrance of potato onion curry.
- Now the masala is ready so add the potato pieces and cook it for some more time.
- Add little water into the pieces and close the lid. So that potatoes will get cooked nicely.
- Cook till the water disappears. The potato and onion curry is ready. Turn off the flame and serve it as a side.
Best ways of serving
Before serving this potato onion curry, garnish this dish with green coriander leaves and raw onion slices on the top layer. It gives not only taste but also the bright look of the dish.