Do you know how to make pulihora or puliyogare at home? Here is the quick recipe of making traditional Andhra lemon pulihora or puliyogare. For making of this pulihora we need cooked white rice. Adding ground nuts and lemon juice gives a nice flavor and taste to this rice dish. You can even add cashews for great taste. Garnish the pulihora or puliyogare with grated carrot, coriander leaves and curry leaves. It is easy and quick snack or breakfast or meal recipe that is commonly prepared in Andhra. This Pulihora is well called with names as lemon pulihora or lemon rice or lemon puliyogare or nimakaya pulihora.
Ingredients required for preparing puliyogare or pulihora
- Oil – ½ cup
- Ground nut – 1 cup
- Chopped ginger
- Tadka – 2 tbsp
- Lemon – 2
- Salt – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tbsp
- Chopped green chillies – 3
- Red chillies
- Curry leaves
- Grated carrot – ½ cup
- Coriander leaves – ½ cup
Procedure of making puliyogare / pulihora
- Take a pan on the stove and add oil to it. Add cup of ground nuts and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add chopped ginger, cashew nuts, tadka and chopped green chillies. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Now add red chillies and turmeric powder. Mix it well.
- Add curry leaves and boiled rice. Mix it well.
- Turn off the flame and collect this rice into a pan or vessel. Now add salt to lemon juice and pour this liquid in the rice. Mix it well.
- Garnish this pulihora or puliyogare with grated carrot and coriander leaves. Mix it well.
Tasty rice pulihora or puliyogare is ready to eat.