Introducing the tasty and crispy snack item called POTATO TAWA. It is a simple and easy evening snack recipe for potato lovers. Potato tawa is made with fresh potato slices by adding light masala powders to it before frying on the tawa. Frying the potato slices with light oil on the tawa gives a nice texture to this recipe. Below is the step by step procedure of making potato tawa at home.
Ingredients required for making potato tawa
- Potatoes – 2
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Red chilli powder
- Salt – 1 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tbsp
Step by step procedure of making potato tawa at home
- Firstly peel off the potatoes and soak in water before using them for cooking.
- Now cut the potatoes into thin slices and again put them in a bowl of water. Put them aside.
- Take a pan on the stove and add cup of water to it. Boil the water for 5 minutes.
- Add the potato slices in the boiling water and let them boil for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and collect them into a plate.
- Add lemon juice to the potato pieces followed by salt (1 tbsp).
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, ginger garlic paste and mix it well.
- Take a flat non stick pan on the stove and brush 4 tbsp of oil on it.
- Put the marinated potato slices on the pan evenly and toast them or light fry them till golden shade in color.
- Collect them into a serving plate.
Tasty potato tawa slices are ready to eat. Serve potato tawa with ketchup or tomato sauce.