Potato fenugreek curry is one of the famous Indian dishes that gain lot of hearts with awesome taste. It is a Punjabi vegetable that is prepared in every home of north India. Usually it is prepared with onions and masala powders but today our recipe is prepared with less masalas. This recipe includes green vegetable which is having more proteins in it. It is best served with roti, paratha and also with dal rice.
- Preparing time: 20 mins
- Cooking time: 10 mins
- Servings: 2-3 persons
Ingredients for methi aloo recipe
- Oil – 4 tbsp
- Cumin seeds / jeera – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 2 pinch
- Chopped green chillies – 2
- Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
- Chopped potatoes – 3
- Salt – 2 tbsp
- Water – 25ml
- Methi leaves / fenugreek leaves – 1 cup
- Red chilli powder – 1 tbsp
- Water – 25 ml
- Garam masala – 1 tbsp
Process of Potatoes with fenugreek leaves recipe
- Separate the fenugreek leaves from the twigs. Take large amount of water and wash the fenugreek leaves so that the soil will wash out.
- Cut the washed fenugreek leaves with knife.
- Wash the potatoes and peel it. Cut the potatoes into square shape pieces.
- Take a cooking pan on the stove and add oil to it. After oil is hot add cumin / jeera seeds.
- Add turmeric powder and chopped green chillies. Add coriander powder and mix it well.
- Now put the chopped potatoes in it and mix it well. Sprinkle required amount of salt in it.
- Add 25ml of water and close the vessel with lid. Cook it for 7 minutes.
- Add chopped fresh methi leaves / fenugreek leaves and stir mix it.
- Put red chilli powder and add 25ml of water to it. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add garam masala powder and mix it well. Turn off the stove and serve it hot. The potato fenugreek leaves curry is ready.
Suggestions and reviews for potato fenugreek leaves stir fry
- You can also use mustard oil for frying the vegetables. The fragrance of mustard improves the taste of the curry.
- If you are using small potatoes, no need of peeling them because the peel adds a special taste to the stir fries curry.
Best ways of serving potato fenugreek or aloo methi curry
This potato fenugreek leaves stir fry curry is best served as a side with roti, paratha and also for dal rice.