Paratha / flatbread is having special place in Indian food. This special dish is made up of various vegetables. Vegetables used for filling are cauliflower, radish, spinach and fenugreek leaves. Today we are going to see the recipe of fenugreek and potato paratha/ flatbread. It is best eaten as breakfast or along with curries or yogurt. Lets see the recipe of potato and fenugreek leaves flatbread.
Preparing time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
Servings: 4 persons
Ingredients for potato fenugreek flatbread / Potato fenugreek paratha
- Wheat flour – 1 cup
- Salt – 1 tbsp
- Oil – 4 tbsp
- Water (required)
- Potatoes (boiled – 3)
- Green chillies (chopped) – 2
- Kasoori methi – 1 tbsp
- Chat masala – 1 tbsp
- Onion – 1
- Cumin seeds / jeera – 1 tbsp
- Methi leaves (finely chopped) – 1 cup
- Gigner garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tbsp
- Corainder powder – 1 tbsp
- Garam masala – 1 tbsp
Process of making potato and fenugreek leaves flatbread / paratha
- Take fresh wheat flour in a bowl. Add salt, oil and required amount of water to make dough. Keep this a side.
- Now take boiled potatoes and peel it off. Let the potatoes come to room temperature then start mashing them with fingers.
- In this mashed potatoes add chopped green chillies, kasoori methi, chat masala and chopped onions. Mix it well. You can get thick consistency.
- Take a pan on the stove and add 2tbsp of oil. After oil is hot add jeera / cumin seeds and chopped methi leaves. Saute for 2 minutes. Now add ginger garlic paste and sauté for 2 more minutes.
- Add turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder and prepared mashed potato mixture. Mix it well. Turn off the flame after 1 minute and collect this into a plate.
- Now we need to prepare parathas with the wheat flour dough. So for making parathas sprinkle light dry wheat flour on the floor and start pressing the paratha little. In between the parathas put this methi and mashed potatoes mixture and fold all sides.
- Again start pressing the parathas slowly so that the curry wont oozes out from paratha.
- Now put a pan for paratha on the stove and add butter to it. Put the potato fenugreek parathas or flat bread on the pan and fry on both sides till golden brown color.Tasty potato fenugreek parathas / flatbreads are ready to eat. Serve them when it is hot
Suggestions and reviews for potato fenugreek leaves stuffed paratha or flatbread recipe
- Wash the fenugreek leaves in large amount of water and drain them properly if not the wheat flour becomes wet.
- While cooking the paratha make sure you press it with hands if not the paratha could break.
Best ways of serving
Taste the potato fenugreek leaves paratha or flatbread with yogurt, vegetables, raitha and pickles.