Here is a tasty & yummy mouth watering vegetarian recipe “Paneer handi”. This recipe is made up of fresh cream and gravy yogurt. Adding fried ingredients like onions, tomatoes and paneer gives a special smoke taste. This recipe of paneer handi is prepared in North Indian style. Paneer handi special vegetarian dish is best as a side for chapathi or roti or rice.
Ingredients required for making paneer handi
- Curd – 1 cup
- Coriander powder – 2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tbsp
- Oil – 1 cup
- Paneer cubes – 1 cup
- Onions (finely chopped) – 2
- Tomatoes (finely chopped) – 3
- Ginger & garlic paste – 2 tbsp
- Fresh cream – 4 tbsp
- Fresh coriander leaves
Step by step procedure of making Paneer handi at home
- Take a cup of curd and add coriander powder and turmeric powder. Mix it well and keep this curd paste aside.
- Take a pan on the stove and give a medium flame. Add oil to it.
- After oil is hot add paneer cubes and roast till golden brown in color. Collect them from oil and keep aside.
- In the same oil add chopped onions and fry till light golden shade. Collect them and keep aside.
- Again in the same oil add chopped tomatoes. After 1 minute add ginger & garlic paste. Saute for 4 minutes. Add curd mixture or paste to this.
- Mix it well and cook for 5 minutes by closing the vessel with lid.
- Now add fried onions and sauté & cook for 2 minutes.
- Add fresh cream and sauté for another 2 minutes. Finally, add fried paneer cube pieces and garnish with coriander leaves. Saute for 2 minutes.
Tasty paneer handi is ready to eat. Taste this dish as a side for chapathi or along with white rice.