Kala Jamun is a famous dessert that looks similar to Gulab Jamun. It is prepared on all special occasions. Enjoy the real flavored of jamun at home by preparing this kala jamun. Here is a step by step process of making kala gulab jamun at home. Preparing the sugar syrup with right amount of sugar and consistency adds a special & perfect taste to your kala jamun.
Ingredients required for making kala jamun
- Milk – ½ cup
- Fresh cream – ¼ cup
- Milk powder – 1 cup
- Water – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Elachi powder – 1 tbsp
- Lemon juice – 1
- Maida – ¼ cup
- Baking soda – 1 pinch
- Jamun mix – ½ cup
- Kaju & pista
- Saffron strands
- Ghee / oil for deep frying
Step by step procedure of making kala jamun at home
- Take a pan on the stove and add ghee to it. After ghee is hot add milk, fresh cream and milk powder.
- Saute for 15 minutes on low flame. You can see the liquid turning into solid mixture. It forms like thick dough called Khoya. Turn off the flame and keep this aside.
- Take another pan on the stove and add cup of water, sugar, Cardamom powder and little lemon juice. Boil this for 5 minutes on low flame.
- Now the sugar syrup is ready for making kala jamun.
- Take another pan on stove and add milk to it followed by lemon juice. The milk cuddles are seen. Now turn off the flame and drain this mixture by using cloth. Wash the milk cuddle with water to get rid of sour taste.
- Put this milk cuddle in a bowl and mix to make dough. Now add prepared khoya, maida, baking soda and spoon of milk or water. Mix all this well.
- Now the jamun mixture is ready. Collect ½ cup of jamun mixture into another bowl and add pista, cashew nuts and saffron strands soaked water. Mix it well.
- Use this saffron mixed jamun mixture for stuffing. Make small balls for stuffing.
- Now with the remaining jamun mixture make balls and fill them inside with saffron jamun mixture stuffing balls.
- Make sure you make nice smooth ball after stuffing it. Avoid any cracks on the jamun.
- Follow the same for remaining stuffing.
- Take a pan for frying. Add ghee or oil for deep fry. Now fry these jamun balls into dark red shade. Put these kala jamun into the sugar syrup.
Tasty and sweet kala jamun are ready to eat.