Healthy recipes for heart patients, these are high fibre and low fat recipes quick to make and served all the times. All the three recipes are delicious in taste and served hot. They contain essential vitamins, minerals and dietary fiber that are needed to our body. Each ingredient has its own health benefits and nutritional values. Let us see the procedure of making delicious healthy soup recipes.
Corn and white bean soup
- Chopped and cooked ham- 3/4 cup
- Corn kernels- 3 cups
- Salt to taste
- Canola oil- 2 spoons
- Rinsed and drained white beans- 2 cans
- Less sodium chicken broth- 2 cans
- Chopped green chillies-2 cans
- Green onions- 1 cup
Step 1: Heat canola oil in a pan over medium flame.
Step 2: Add onions, ham and mix it well. Cook it for 2-5min.
Step 3: Add remaining ingredients corn, white beans, green chillies, salt and mix it well.
Step 4: At low flame boil them till the ingredients becomes soft.
Step 5: Simmer for 5min and off the flame.
Step 6: Serve the hot soup in a bowl.
Chicken and barley soup
- Less sodium chicken broth- 2cans
- olive oil- 2 spoons
- frozen mixed vegetables- 1 pkt
- Chopped and cooked chicken-1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Dried thyme- 1/4 spoon
- Black pepper- 1/4 spoon
- Barley uncooked- 1 cup
- Chopped onions- 1 3/4 cup
Step 1: In a large sauce pan, combine broth and barley boil both the ingredients at medium flame and simmer it for 5-10min.
Step 2: Meanwhile heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat, add onions and saute it for 2min.
Step 3: Add mixed vegetables and saute it for 2min.
Step 4: Add vegetable mixture, chicken, salt, pepper and thyme to the boiled barley mixture and simmer it for 5min.
Step 5: Serve the hot chicken barley soup.
Black bean soup
- Olive oil- 2 spoons
- Minced onion- 1/2 cup
- Diced celery- 1/2 cup
- Chopped carrot- 3 spoons
- Grounded cumin seeds- 2 spoons
- Chilli powder- 1 spoon
- Diced green bell peppers- 1/4 cup
- Minced garlic- 1 spoon
- Dried oregano- 1 spoon
- Vegetable broth- 2 cups
- Grounded black pepper- 1/4 spoon
- Water- 1 cup
- Green onion slices- optional
- Black beans rinsed and drained – 2cans
Step 1: Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium flame, add celery , minced onion, bell peppers and carrot.
Step 2: Cook the ingredients for 10min by stirring it occasionally.
Step 3: Add garlic, cumin, oregano, chilli powder, grounded black pepper and saute it for 3min.
Step 4: Add broth, water and beans. boil them at medium flame and simmer it for 15min.
Step 5: Later off the flame and set aside till the temperature reduces slightly.
Step 6: Place soup in a blender and process it until smooth.
Step 7: Pour in a bowl and garnish with green onion slices.
- Cooked ham: Cooked ham is highly nutritious food. It is rich in sodium when compared to other meat varieties. Ham is good source for vitamins and minerals such as Iron, copper, potassium, magnesium, vitamin B6 and B12, thiamine and Zinc that are essential and beneficial to your health.
- It is stored in refrigerator for longer time. Sealed ham cans can be preserved for up to 9months.
- Canola oil: Canola oil is the best product for heart patients, it contains high amount of omega-3-fatty acids when compared to olive oil. Canola oil helps to lower the cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of heart diseases.
- White beans: Navy beans has amazing health benefits, These are excellent source to lower the cholesterol levels. High fiber content present in navy beans helps to prevent blood sugar levels. Navy beans are good source for vitamins and minerals. Magnesium present in navy beans supports cell metabolism.
- Corn kernels: Corn is a low fat ingredients used to make salads, main course recipes etc. It is the rich source of vitamins, minerals. Anti-oxidants present in corn prevents Alzheimer’s diseases, constipation and cancer problems.
- Olive oil: Olive oil has many health benefits, it fights against diseases and protects from viruses that cause diseases. Olive oil helps to lower the blood cholesterol levels and obesity. It improves bone calcification and prevents osteoporosis.
- Dried thyme: Thyme has numerous benefits, used as flavoring agent. Red thyme is used in perfumes, soaps and cosmetics. It is used to treat baldness and fight against fungal infections.
- Barley: Barleyis a whole grain with low fat and cholesterol free. It regulates the blood sugar levels and helps to reduce weight naturally. Barley improves lipids and decreases the visceral fat.
- Oregano: Oregano is a popular ingredient with aromatic essence. It is rich source for vitamins, minerals and dietary fibre.
- Black beans: Black beans are high in fibre, minerals, proteins and vitamins. It contains in soluble fiber which reduces the risk of cardio-vascular diseases. Consuming black beans will help to prevent the risk of certain cancers. Black beans have high amount of iron that is more beneficial for pregnant women.
- Green bell pepper: Green bell pepper is a tasty and spicy vegetable with essential vitamins and minerals. Fiber present in bell peppers reduces the risk of heart diseases. Vitamins present in bell peppers protects from cell damage and boost the immune system.
Enjoy the taste of delicious healthy recipes for heart patients.