It is very easy to prepare this aloo egg curry or potato egg curry for those who started cooking at homes. The ingredients are very less required for making of potato egg curry. This curry is best for both taste and healthy. Potato egg curry is best served along with roti or white rice. The whole aloo egg curry is cooked on low flame so that you can enjoy the flavors of dish. Lets see how to prepare potato egg curry at home with our recipe.
Preparation time – 20 mins
Cooking time – 20 mins
Servings – 3-4 persons
Ingredients for making potato egg curry
- Eggs – 3
- Oil – 4 tbsp
- Chopped onions – 1
- Chopped ginger – small piece
- Chopped garlic – 2 or 3
- Salt – required
- Turmeric powder – 2 pinches
- Red chilli powder – 1 tbsp
- Chopped tomatoes – 2
- Water – 250ml
- Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tbsp
- Chopped potatoes – 2
- Chopped green chillies – 1
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Garam masala powder – 1 tbsp
How to prepare potato egg curry
- Before starting the potato egg curry, first boil the eggs. Peel off the outer layer and keep them aside.
- Take a pan on stove and add 4 tbsp of oil to it. Now add chopped onions, chopped ginger, chopped garlic and little salt to it. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder and red chilli powder. Saute for 1 minute.
- Now add chopped tomatoes and sauté for 2 more minutes. Add little amount of water.
- Add coriander powder and cumin seeds. Now add chopped potatoes and mix it well.
- Saute for 1 minute. Add 100ml of water and close the lid. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Open the lid of vessel and mix it well. Now add chopped green chillies and fresh coriander leaves.
- Add garam masala powder and sauté for 2 minutes. Put the boiled eggs in the curry and mix it well. Sauté for 1 minute. Add required water and cook for 5 minutes.
Things to remember
- Bring down the eggs into room temperature before adding into cooking vessel so that it prevents the egg from breakage or else you can place the eggs in refrigerator for a while.
- Wash the eggs and boil them on medium flame.
- Boil the eggs till you see the cracks on the outer layer of egg.
- Close them and keep them aside for 5 – 7 mins.
- Keep holes on the eggs with knife or folk so that the flavors will get absorbed by egg.
- Peel the eggs by keeping them in cool water vessel so that the process will be easy.
- You can keep the eggs in cool water for a while.
Suggestion and review
- Adding the water ratio is upto you. Because some like to eat the dish in liquid form and others normal. So if you liked to eat in dry format means let the water gets evaporate.
- You can add coconut milk for more creamy texture.
Best way of serving
The best way of serving this potato egg curry is as a side for roti or white rice.