Here is a sweet recipe called wheat flour halwa which is easy to prepare at home. It is prepare for all occasions. Do you want to eat sweet and did not find any special at home? Then try preparing this tasty halwa sweet using wheat flour. It doesn’t need much ingredients to prepare this dessert and also you can prepare this in less time. This wheat flour halwa is very famous in Punjab and it is given as a offering in temples. So lets see how to prepare this wheat flour halwa at home.
Ingredients required for wheat flour halwa
- Ghee – 1 cup
- Few raisins or kismiss
- Cashew nuts / kaaju – few
- Wheat flour – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Cardamom powder or elachi
Process of making wheat flour halwa at home
- Take a pan on the stove and add 1 tbsp of ghee to it. Now add few raisins or kismiss and fry till golden brown. In the same hot ghee add cashewnuts to it. Roast till golden brown color. Collect them into a bowl.
- In the same pan add cup of ghee and let it get hot. Add cup of wheat flour and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add cup of sugar and sauté for 3 minutes. Add little hot water and sauté for 3 more minutes.
- The halwa becomes thick in consistency now add cardamom powder. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add roasted dry fruits in this wheat flour halwa and turn off the flame.
- Tasty sweet wheat flour halwa is ready to eat.
Suggestions and reviews of Punjabi wheat flour halwa recipe
- Make sure the sugar consistency is not too thick.
- Mix the roasted cashews along with wheat flour.
Best ways of serving wheat flour halwa
Garnish the wheat flour halwa with cashews, almonds and dry fruits before serving.