Bengali sweet sandesh is one of the delicious Bengali sweets. This sweet is not only famous in India, it is even popular in foreign countries. Sandesh sweet is usually prepared during festive times especially at the time of navrathri durga pooja. This tasty and delicious sandesh sweet is prepared in different types. The main ingredients required for making of this Bengali sandesh sweet are sugar, cardamom powder and cheese or paneer.
So lets see how to make Bengali sandesh sweet at home. Here is a easy & quick process of Bengali sandesh sweet.
Preparation time: 2 mins
Cooking time: 8 mins
Servings: 4 persons only
Ingredients for Bengali sandesh recipe
- Milk – 1 liter
- Lemon – half
- Sugar powder – 1 cup
- Cardamom powder / elachi
- Pista (for garnishing)
Process of preparing bengali sweet sandesh
- Take a vessel on the stove and add milk to it. Boil the milk.
- Squeeze the lemon and add it to the boiling milk to get thick.
- You can observe the thickness in milk now turn off the flame and extract the water.
- Now wash the obtained pulp with fresh water to avoid sourness. (Use fresh cloth for extract)
- Now put this milk pulp in the plate and make smooth dough. Add kesar strands and sugar powder. Mix it well.
- Take a pan on the stove and add this mixture to it. Sauté for 5 minutes. Now collect this to the plate and add cardamom powder / elachi powder to it. Mix it well.
- Now start making small balls. Sandesh Bengali sweet is ready to eat.
- Garnish this sandesh sweet with pista.
Suggestions and reviews for sandesh sweet recipe
- You can add nuts and sugar according to your taste.
- This sandesh sweet is best to eat within 2 to 3 days.
Best ways of serving of Bengali sandesh recipe
Store the Bengali sandesh sweet in refrigerator for 3 – 4 hours before serving.