Here is the recipe of how to make sweet rice. It is a simple and sweet dish that makes your day special. Punjabi style sweet rice dish is prepared with basmathi rice. You can also use cooked rice or cooked basmathi rice for making this sweet rice dish. Since it is made with sugar, it is easy and healthy tasty dish to eat. Children like to eat this yummy sweet rice with lots of love. Win the hearts of your loved ones by serving them this sweet rice. It doesn’t need many ingredients to prepare this sweet rice. Adding raisins, cashews, saffron strands and pista gives a nice color and taste to the sweet rice. Lets see how to make sweet rice at home quickly.
- Basmathi rice – 2 cups
- Cloves – 4
- Salt – 2 pinches
- Cinnamon – 3
- Elachi – 5
- Ghee – ½ cup
- Milk – ½ cup
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Cashew nuts
- Saffron strands
Procedure of making sweet rice at home
- Before starting the dish soak a cup of basmathi rice for 30 minutes.
- Take a pan on the stove and add 4 bowls of water. Now add soaked basmathi rice into the boiling water.
- Sprinkle 2 pinches of salt. Add cinnamon and cloves. Close the vessel with lid and let the rice cook.
- Take another pan on the stove and give a medium flame. Add few raisins, pista and cashew nuts. Roast them and take in a bowl.
- In the same pan add ½ cup of milk and sugar. Saute for 1 minute.
- Add few cardmom / elachi, cloves and cinnamon. Saute for 1 minute.
- Add ½ cup of ghee. After 1 minute add cooked basmathi rice. Mix it well.
- Now add roasted raisins, cashews and pista. Close the lid and cook for 2 minutes.
- Garnish the rice with saffron strands and serve it hot.
Tasty and delicious Punjabi style sweet rice is ready to eat.