Suji ka halwa / sooji halwa / rava sheera is one of the Indian traditional sweet dishes. The beauty of this sweet is that it can be prepared within less time. This sooji halwa / suji halwa can be prepared easily by anyone. Do you want to eat sweet at home instantly? Then it is easy to cook this sweet with our recipe. You can serve this tasty suji ka halwa to your relatives and make them happy. We will use semolina / suji for preparing this halwa sweet. Lets see how to prepare suji ka halwa / sooji halwa / ravva halwa at home.
Preparing time for sooji halwa / suji halwa – 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Servings: 2 – 3 persons
Ingredients required for sooji halwa / suji ka halwa / rava sheera
- Sugar – 2 cups
- Ghee – 1 bowl
- Semolina / suji / sooji – 2 bowls
- Almonds / badam (chopped) – few
- Raisins / kismis – few
- Cashew nuts / kaju (chopped)
Procedure of making suji ka halwa / Rava sheera
- Take a vessel or bottom pan on the stove and add 500 ml of water in it.
- Add sugar to the water and boil till sugar melts completely. Now collect this sugar syrup into separate bowl and let it cool.
- Now take another vessel on stove and add ghee. Let it melt.
- Add suji / semolina / ravva into the hot ghee and sauté it till golden brown color.
- Add chopped almonds, cashews and raisins. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Now slowly add sugar syrup and sauté for 5 minutes. The suji / sooji / ravva becomes thick in consistency.
Turn off the flame and collect to the serving bowl. Garnish with dry fruits and taste it.