Here comes the tasty and sweet beverage Punjabi style sweet lassi. The origin of this name is from North India and Punjab. It is best prepared with plain yogurt or thick curd and water. This sweet Punjabi lassi cools down the body temperature. It is best to drink during summers. Punjabi lassi can be prepared with salt and also by adding sugar, this depends on your taste. Blending curd till smooth gives a nice texture when you add water. Punjabi lassi or traditional buttermilk is easy and quick to prepare at home. Lets see the recipe of making Punjabi lassi or sweet buttermilk at home. Below is the video of punjabi lassi and step by step process of making it.
Ingredients required for making of Punjabi lassi
- Thick curd or yogurt – 1 cup
- Sugar – 2 tbsp
- Cardamom powder / elachi – 1 tbsp
- Saffron strands
- Rose Water – 2 tbsp
- Almonds/ badam (for garnishing)
Procedure of making Punjabi sweet lassi
- Take a cup of thick curd in a bowl or vessel and stir it well. Add little water to make lassi thick consistency.
- Add sugar and cardamom powder to it and mix it well.
- Add saffron strands and rose water to this lassi. Again stir it well. Take lassi glasses and serve this Punjabi sweet lassi to it. Garnish this lassi with almonds and saffron.