Here is the tasty and yummy recipe of potato tomato curry. Potato is the only vegetable that is paired easily with other vegetable in making wonderful dishes. It is a gravy curry that is best served with white rice, roti and paratha. For making of aloo tomato curry we don’t need more spices. The potato tomato curry is easy to prepare at home within less time. Potato and tomato is the best combination and most popular curry in south India. People of all ages love to eat this potato curry. So lets try preparing this easiest and most delicious recipe potato tomato curry at home.
- Tempering seeds
- Chopped onions
- Chopped green chillies
- Curry leaves – 10
- Chopped potatoes
- Turmeric – 2 pinches
- Chopped tomatoes
- Red chilli powder – 1 tbsp
- Garam masala powder – 2 pinches
- Water – 250 ml
- Coriander leaves
Process of making potato tomato curry
- Take a cooking pan on stove and add oil to it. After oil is hot add tempering seeds.
- Now add chopped onions and green chillies. Fry it and add curry leaves.
- After 2 minutes add chopped potatoes. Sprinkle some required amount of salt and turmeric powder. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Now add chopped tomatoes and mix it well. Close the lid of vessel and cook it for 6 minutes.
- Add red chilli powder and mix it well.
- Add garam masala powder and mix it well. Add required amount of water and cook the potato and tomato curry for 2 more minutes.
- Garnish the coriander leaves and turn off the flame.
Best serve this dish potato tomato curry as a side with white rice, roti and paratha.