Potato onion pakoda or aloo onion pakora is a best snack item. Onions and potatoes plays major role in making of this aloo pyaz pakora. This potato onion pakoda is quick to prepare within less time. It doesn’t need much preparation time. Since the gram flour is used the pakoda gives a crispy texture. Aloo onion pakoda is prepared by mixing all the ingredients. The real taste of onion potato pakoda is in the frying. So don’t deep fry the pakodas. Keep an eye while frying the pakodas. Lets see how to prepare this tasty evening snack item potato onion pakoda at home.
Ingredients required for making potato onion pakoda
- Chopped onion – 1
- Grated potatoes – 2
- Green chillies (chopped) – 2
- Gram flour / besan – 2 cups
- Red chilli powder – 2 tbsp
- Salt – 2 tbsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
- Pepper powder – 1 tbsp
- Kasuri methi – 1 tbsp
- Baking powder – 1 tbsp
- Water – 100 ml
- Oil – 600 ml (3 cups) for fry
Procedure of making onion potato pakora at home
- Take a mixing bowl, add chopped onions, grated potato, green chillies, gramflour, red chilli powder, salt, coriander powder, pepper powder, kasuri methi and baking soda.
- Mix all these ingredients slowly by adding required amount of water.
- Keep a non stick pan on the stove and add oil to if for frying the pakoda. After oil is hot put the potato onion mixture in the oil by taking little amounts. Like shown below.
- Fry the onion potato pakora till they become golden brown in color. Collect them into plate and serve it hot.
- Tasty onion potato pakora is ready to eat.
Best serve this potato onion pakora with tomato sauce or ketchup.