Here is an easy snack item called POHA / MURMURA upma. It is an excellent tea time snack or breakfast for everyone. This poha or murmura upma is made up of murmura. Step by step procedure and video of making poha / murmura upma at home. Adding chanadal and peanuts gives a crispy texture to the Poha or murmura upma. Lets see how to make this at home.
Ingredients required for making poha / Murmura upma
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Chanadal powder – 2 tbsp
- Peanuts – 2 tbsp
- Red chillies – 3
- Curry leaves – 1 bunch
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Chopped green chillies
- Chopped tomato – 1
- Chopped onions – 2
- Salt – 2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tbsp
- Murmura – 1 cup
- Chanadal – 2 tbsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tbsp
Procedure of making poha / Murmura Upma
- Take murmura in a bowl and add little water to it. Soak for 5 minutes. Drain the water and collect the soaked murmura in a separate bowl.
- Add chanadal powder and mix it well.
- Take a pan on stove and add 2tbsp of oil. Add peanuts and fry till golden brown. Collect some into a bowl. Add chanadal and red chillies followed by curry leaves. Add chopped green chillies and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add chopped onions and required salt. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder and mix it well. Add red chilli powder and chopped tomatoes. Saute well.
- Now add soaked murmura and mix it well. Add lemon juice and roasted peanuts. Mix it well and garnish with coriander leaves.
Tasty poha / murmura upma is ready to eat.