Delicious groundnut mango pickle served with hot steamed rice and ghee. Raw mangoes should be rich in sour taste for better taste. It is simple to make and preserved for short time. Palli avakaya is not much familiar in south side but it different recipe made with groundnut paste. It is the perfect combination with hot steamed rice and ghee. Let us see the procedure,
- Mango pieces- 2 1/2 cups
- Red chilli powder- 1/2 cup
- Salt as required
- Sesame oil- 1/2 cup
- Ground nuts- 1/2 cup
Step 1: Wash and clean mangoes with dry cotton cloth.
Step 2: Cut mango into very small pieces.
Step 3: Roast groundnuts at medium flame, rub them once to remove the skin of nuts.
Step 4: Using mixer, grind groundnut into fine powder.
Step 5: Take a large bowl, combine groundnut powder, red chilli powder and salt. mix them thoroughly.
Step 6: Add mango pieces and mix all the ingredients by adding sesame oil slowly.
Step 7: Check the taste of salt and add if required.
Step 8: Let the pickle gets marinated for one day.
Enjoy the taste of delicious palli avakaya
- Prefer raw mangoes which are rich in sour taste.
- Choose air tight glass jar to preserve pickle.
- You can add small amount of sesame oil after 3 days.
- Choose best quality chilli powder.
- Use mangoes that are completely dried without any water.
- Don’t include seed while cutting mango into pieces.
- Use dry ladle to serve pickle.
- Palli avakaya / groundnut mango pickle preserved only for 7-10days.
For more,visit@ how.tomake.in