Green leafy vegetables are good for health. Among the green leafy vegetables the fenugreek leaves are having rich health benefits and medicinal properties too. Fenugreek leaves are available throughout the year. There are countless benefits are recorded in the fenugreek leaves, that is also included in some of the medicines. Fenugreek leaves are good in controlling stomach related diseases like gas, food poison etc. Those who are suffering from joint and bone pains are suggested to eat fenugreek leaves. In ayruveda this fenugreek leaves are recommended for best beauty care. Fenugreek leaves are best remedies for hair care and skin care. Using of fenugreek leaves we can prepare lot of dishes.
Today we are going to prepare one of the Indians popular food item “Fenugreek flatbread / methi paratha”. Parathas or flatbreads are famous in north Indian side. During winter season, those who eat parathas will try to prepare different types of parathas or flatbreads at home. Lets see how to prepare fenugreek paratha / methi paratha at home.
Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 20 – 25 mins
Servings: 3 – 4 mins
Ingredients required for making methi paratha or fenugreek flatbread recipe
- Wheat flour – 1 cup
- Chopped methi leaves – 1 cup
- Chopped green chillies – 1
- Salt – 1tbsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tbsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Water – required
Process of making fenugreek / methi paratha
- Take a mixing bowl and add wheat flour to it. Put the chopped methi leaves in the flour.
- Add green chillies, red chilli powder, salt and oil. Mix all the ingredients by adding little water and make dough.
- After making methi wheat flour dough start making chapathis with it. Take little amount of dough in arms and make a ball. Now press this ball on the flour and make flat chapathis or parathas.
- Put these methi parathas on the pan and fry it both sides till you see the brown spots on the paratha. Methi or fenugreek parathas are ready to eat.
- Serve hot and enjoy the methi flatbreads or fenugreek parathas.
Best ways to serve stuffed methi paratha / fenugreek flatbread recipe
This fenugreek flatbread or methi paratha is best served with coriander sauce or chutney or potato curry.