Besan ladoo / laddu is a traditional Indian sweet which is prepared in every house for festive or any occasion. It is easy to prepare at home because it doesn’t need much ingredients for making this besan ladoo or gram flour laddu. All ingredients are available easily in everyones kitchen.
Though it is easy to prepare besan ladoo / laddu, some people complaints about the shape of ladoo. Its hard for some people to get the perfect shape of laddu / ladoo while making this recipe. The reason behind this problem is, not able to use required amount of ghee / butter. Whatever the sweet made with ghee / butter should maintain correct quantity of ghee /butter. If the ghee / butter is more or less the sweet ladoos / laddus will not come out in a perfect shape else the ladoo gives breaks. Try this besan ladoo / laddu or gram flour laddu recipe of ours and succeed in getting nice shape besan ladoos.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Servings: 3 – 4 persons only
Ingredients required for making besan laddu / ladoo recipe
- Ghee – 1 cup or 200 grms
- Gram flour – 1 cup or 200 grms
- Chopped almonds
- Chopped cashewnuts
- Cardamom powder – 2 tbsp
- Sugar powder / targa – 225grms or 1 cup
- Pistachios / pista
Process of making besan ladoo / laddu at home
It is easy to prepare besan ladoo / laddu at home. For making of besan ladoo or traditional Indian sweet laddu we need fresh ghee. Firstly take fresh ghee into a pan or vessel and heat it. Let the ghee melts. Add dry fruits like cashews, pistachios and almonds in the hot ghee and fry till golden brown in color. Collect them into plate.
- Take a pan on stove and add 1 cup of ghee to it. Now add gram flour to the ghee and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Now add some more ghee and sauté for 5 minutes. Add little amount of water and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Collect this liquid item to the plate or bowl. Add few chopped almonds, cashewnuts and cardamom powder. Mix it well.
- Add sugar and mix it well. Try adding sugar powder till the mix becomes thick in consistency.
- Now start making balls of besan laddu with this dough. (Apply ghee to your arms before making balls).
- Put cashew nuts and pistachios on besan laddu / ladoos.
Suggestions and reviews for making besan laddu / ladoos
If you are feeling trouble to make laddu or ladoos after adding ghee then add little milk and start making ladoos. Adding milk will help to make laddus or ladoos easily but the ladoos or besan laddus wont stay long time. We cant store these laddus for many days.
Use the grinded or fine powder sugar for making this besan laddus or ladoos so that it will easily mix with besan flour / gram flour.
Best ways of serving besan laddu or traditional Indian sweet ladoo
Besan laddu or gram flour ladoo is best served as a dessert. If required you can garnish these besan ladoos or laddus with dry fruits on the top.