Sabudana khichidi and noodles spring rolls are the two different snack items served hot in monsoon season. Both the recipes are easy to make and served along with tomato or chilli sauce. Especially for kids sabudana khichidi can be prepared instantly in less time in monsoon season . There are different varieties of spring rolls but this recipe is different and yummy with rich source of proteins, carbohydrates, zinc etc. Let us see the procedure of making hot snack items
Sabudana / saggu khichidi
- Sabudana – 1 cup
- Chopped potato- 1 cup
- Chopped coriander- 2 spoons
- Oil- 2 spoons
- Green chillies- chopped- 1 spoon
- Red chilli powder- 1/4 spoon
- Salt to taste
- Cumin seeds- 1/2 spoon
- Lemon juice- 2 spoons
- Roasted and peeled peanuts- 1/2 cups
- Ginger paste- 1 spoon
Step 1: Wash and soak saggu / sabudana in water for an hour.
Step 2: Grind peanuts and set aside, add oil in microwave bowl and store in it for 1min.
Step 3: Take out the bowl, add cumin seeds and place again in microwave for 1min.
Step 4: After sauting cumin seeds, add ginger, green chillies, potatoes. mix all the ingredients well and keep it in microwave for 3min.
Step 5: Take out the bowl check whether potatoes tender soft or not.
Step 6: Add soaked sabudana , red chilli powder, grinded peanuts and mix all the ingredients well.
Step 7: Add cup of water and place bowl again in oven for 3min.
Step 8: Take out the bowl, add green coriander and lemon juice.
Step 9: Serve the hot kichidi made with sabudana.
Enjoy the taste of delicious sabudana khichidi.
Noodles spring rolls
- Maida- 1 cup
- Oil- 2 spoons
- Salt- pinch
For noodles stuff:
- Boiled noodles- 1 cup
- Chopped cabbage- 1/2 cup
- Finely chopped capsicum- 1/4 cup
- Green chillies- 2 finely chopped
- Lemon juice- 1 spoon
- Vinegar- 1 spoon
- Black pepper- 1/4 spoon
- Oil- as needed
- Salt to taste
- Paneer- 1/4 cup
- Green peas- 1/4 cup
- Green coriander- 2-3 spoons
Step 1: Combine maida, oil and salt in a bowl by using luke warm water and make into smooth dough.
Step 2: Heat oil in a pan, add ginger paste, green chillies and saute it well.
Step 3: Add green peas and cover pan with a lid and cook the mixture for 2-3min.
Step 4: Add capsicum and cabbage, saute it well for 2min. later add paneer, salt, black pepper, noodles, soya sauce, lemon juice, green coriander and mix it well.
Step 5: Cook for 2min and off the flame. serve noodles in a bowl.
Step 6: Make maida flour into small balls and roll it out like puri, place noodles mixture into puri and roll it well by pressing the edges.
Step 7: Heat oil in a pan, drop noodles rolls and fry them till it turns into brown color.
Step 8: Serve them in a plate along tomato sauce.
Enjoy the taste of delicious snack item in monsoon season.
- Sabudana is also known as saggu, it is the good source of energy and carbohydrates.
- Sabudana is good for health for pregnancy women.
- Everyone love to eat sabudana payasam in summer which plays a key role in reducing body heat.
- Noodles are prepared using different vegetables that are rich in nutrients and proteins.
- Noodles lowers the cholesterol levels, it helps to lose weight and relieve from constipation.
- Noodles spring roll is a low fat snack item easy to make instantly.
For more, visit@ how.tomake.in