Spicy Indian recipe made with different spices and fresh ingredients which add more taste to the recipe. It is served with steamed rice, chettinad mushroom curry is a mouth watering recipe with distinct flavor of various spices and herbs. This is most favorite for all the vegetarians and it is easy to make. Recipe is simple to make in Indian style. Let us see the procedure and ingredients used to make this delicious mushroom curry.
- Mushrooms- 300gms
- Scraped coconut- 1/2 cup
- Finely chopped onions- 1/4 cup
- Chopped ginger and garlic – 1 full spoon
- Red chilli powder- 1/2 spoon
- Salt to taste
- Dried red chillies- 3
- Saunf / fennel seeds- 1 spoon
- Cumin seeds- 1/2 spoon
- Coriander seeds- 1 spoon
- Cloves- 2-3
- Cinnamon- 1 inch
- Poppy seeds soaked- 2 spoons
- Chopped tomatoes- 2 medium
- Turmeric powder- pinch
- Curry leaves- 1 sprig
- Crushed black pepper corns- 1 spoon
- Cashew nuts soaked – 2-3 hrs- hand full
- Finely chopped coriander leaves- 1/4 cup
- Oil as needed
- Cardamom- 3
Step 1: Heat spoon of oil in a non-stick pan, add coconut, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, fennel seeds, red chillies, cardamom, cloves and cinnamon. Saute ingredients well at medium flame for 4-5min.
Step 2: Later set the ingredients aside till the temperature reduces and grind them into fine powder.
Step 3: Add ginger and garlic, poppy seeds, soaked cashew nuts and some water. make them into fine paste.
Step 4: Heat remaining oil in a non-stick pan, add chopped onions and saute it well till it turns into brown color.
Step 5: Add curry leaves and grounded ingredients paste and stir it well for 2min.
Step 6: Add chopped tomatoes, turmeric powder, salt and red chilli powder. mix all the ingredients well.
Step 7: Cook gravy till oil separates from it.
Step 8: Add mushrooms, peppercorns and saute it well for 5min.
Step 9: Garnish with coriander leaves and serve the delicious chettinad mushroom curry
Enjoy the taste of delicious and spicy chettinad mushroom curry
- Mushrooms: Mushrooms are rich source for vitamin B including riboflavin, niacin and pantothenic acid. Vitamin B plays major role in nervous system. It contains important minerals such as selenium, copper and potassium. Health benefits of mushrooms are it helps to decreases growth of cancer cells. Antioxidants present in mushrooms protects body cell damage and strengthen immune system.
- Ginger: This ingredient is very helpful to health. It is associated with many health benefits. Major advantages of using ginger in your daily diet helps to reduce inflammation, relieves from muscle pain and allergies etc. It is super food with essential medicinal values.
- Garlic: It is simple ingredients with wide range of benefits and common food item in many recipes. Garlic prevents fungal infections like ringworm, warts etc. It plays vital role in preventing colon cancer, stomach cancer and prostate cancer.
- Fennel seeds: Fennel seeds are used as remedy for digestive problems, stomach bloating, loss of appetite. These seeds are used to increase breast milk. Fennel oil is used as flavoring agent in most of the recipes.
- Poppy seeds: Poppy seeds contain mono saturated fats that are used used in treating carcinoma. These seeds helps to treat infectious diseases, sleep disorders, respiratory disorders. In ayurvedic, poppy seeds are used for skin care as good moisturizer as well as scrub. For hair it helps to get rid from dandruff, itching sensation.
- Black pepper corns: Black pepper have anti-bacterial properties which helps to preserve food for long time. Black pepper mainly helps to relieve from respiratory disorders.
- Coriander seeds: It is also known as cilantro or parsley. These leaves are used in many dishes for fresh flavors. Coriander seeds are used as main ingredients in non-vegetarian recipes. It helps to prevent problems such as mouth ulcers, anemia and skin inflammation.