Here is a recipe of famous Punjabi style dahi aloo sabji. This tasty sabji or curry is prepared with boiled potatoes and fresh curd. It is easy to prepare this gravy dish with our quick recipe. Dahi Aloo sabji curry is a best side for chapathis or steamed rice or rotis. Potato lovers will enjoy eating this Dahi aloo sabji or potato curd curry. Lets see how to make dahi aloo sabji at home.
Ingredients for making dahi aloo sabji
- Ghee – 2 tbsp
- Jeera – 1 tbsp
- Curd – 1 cup
- Salt – 1 tbsp
- Garam masala – ½ tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 2 pinches
- Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tbsp
- Coriander leaves
- Boiled potatoes – 3
Procedure of making Dahi Aloo sabji or Potato curd curry
- Boil the potatoes in pressure cooker and peel off the skin.
- Take a pan on the stove and add ghee to it. After ghee is hot add cumin seeds, turmeric powder, coriander powder and red chilli powder. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add chopped boiled potatoes. Sauté for 2 more minutes.
- Now add curd to it. Mix it well. Add salt and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Garnish the dahi aloo sabji by adding coriander leaves. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and plate this curry.
Tasty Dahi aloo sabji or Potato curd curry is ready to taste as a side with roti or white rice.