They are different types of parathas or flatbreads prepared at home, in that onion and potato paratha or flatbread is the tasty and healthy parathas. Parathas or flatbreads are prepared in many places. Especially in north india we can taste different parathas or flatbreads. Today we are going to discuss about the tasty potato and onion flatbread recipe.
Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 30 min
Servings: 3 – 4 persons
Ingredients of potato onion flatbread / paratha recipe
- Boiled potatoes – 3
- Wheat flour – 1 cup
- Maida – 1 cup
- Salt – 2 tbsp
- Oil – 2tbsp
- Water (for mixing)
- Green chillies – 2
- Kasoori methi – 1 tbsp
- Carom seeds – 1 tbsp
- Onion – 1
Process of Potato onion flatbread / paratha
- Boil the potatoes and peel off them. Keep this aside.
- Meanwhile take a mixing bowl and add wheat flour in it. Add maida, salt and oil.
- Mix the flours by adding required amount of water and make a dough.
- Now mash the boiled potatoes and add chopped green chillies, kasoori methi, carom seeds and chopped onions.
- Add salt and mix well. Now take wheat dough and make flat chapathis. Put this mashed potato mixture in between the chapathi and close all the sides. Again start making parathas by pressing equally all sides.
- Put a pan on the stove and spread butter or oil on it. Put these potato onion parathas on the pan and fry it both sides till the golden brown spots appear on it.
- Tasty aloo pyaz or potato onion parathas or flatbreads are ready to eat.
Suggestion and reviews for potato onion paratha recipe
While making of onion potato paratha we can use oil, ghee or even butter.
Best ways to serve potato onion paratha / flatbread
Serving is one of the important task after cooking tasty food. Serve this potato onion paratha / flatbread when it is hot by adding spoon of butter or ghee. It is best served with yogurt and mango pickle.