Raggi mudda is the perfect combination with natukodi pulusu. Both the recipes are popular in rayalaseema region. Raggi mudda is a healthy recipe served for all to maintain good health, it is particularly recommended for all. It has more health benefits. Natukodi pulusu is a spicy and delicious recipe served hot along with steamed white rice or raggi sankati both the recipes deserve the combination. Let us see the procedure of making delicious rayalaseema special.
Raggi mudda / raggi sankati
- Raggi flour- 1 cup
- Rice – 1/2 cup
- Salt to taste
- Water – 3 cups
Step 1: Wash and soak rice for 15min in fresh water.
Step 2: In pressure cooker, add cup of rice, water and salt. cook in pressure cooker till 3 whistles.
Step 3: Later check whether rice is soft like paste or not.
Step 4: Take a cup of water and raggi flour in a bowl, stir them well without any lumps.
Step 5: Add raggi mixture to the rice and mix it well.
Step 6: Simmer it for 5-10min at low flame, later off the flame.
Step 7: Serve the recipe in a plate.
Natu kodi pulusu
- Chicken- 500gms
- Ginger and garlic paste- 3 spoons
- Chopped onions- 2 cups
- Turmeric powder- 1 spoon
- Red chilli powder- 3 spoon
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves- 1/2 cup
- Curry leaves- 2 sprigs
- Oil as needed
For Masala powder:
- Coriander – 4 spoons
- Poppy seeds- 2 spoons
- Cloves- 7 cloves
- Cardamom- 6
- Cinnamon stick- 2 inch- 1
- Anaspuvu / star anise – 1
Make all the ingredients into fine powder and store in air tight container.
Step 1: Take fresh chicken add half of the chopped onions, ginger and garlic paste, turmeric powder, salt and chilli powder. mix it well and set aside for 2hrs to marinate.
Step 2: Heat oil in a pan, add remaining onions and curry leaves, saute it well until golden brown color.
Step 3: Add chicken pieces and cook it for 10min at medium flame, later add masala powder and chilli powder if necessary.
Step 4: Add water to chicken, let it boil and simmer for 15-20min. Cover with a lid and stir it well from time to time.
Step 5: Later add coriander leaves and serve the chicken with raggi sankati or hot steamed white rice.
- Natu kodi pulusu is highly proteins food with essential vitamins and calcium content.
- Chicken contains phosphorous that helps to teeth, bones, kidney and nervous system.
- It completely involves in metabolic processes.
- It boosts metabolism that burns calories in your body and helps to maintain healthy body weight
- Ragi flour contains essential amino acids that are essential for our body.
- Ragi malt is more beneficial for infants, skin care, during pregnancy and also for weight loss.
For more, visit@ how.tomake.in