Delicious south Indian popular recipe, a mouth watering dish made with different spices. This delicious curry is famous in all the restaurants, moreover it is favorite food for all the sea food lovers. It is simple and easy to make, tamarind and cilantro add more flavor to the dish. South Indian fish curry is served hot with hot steamed rice. Let us see the procedure of making the delicious recipe at home.
- Fish – 1kg
- Tamarind – handful – soak in water
- Turmeric powder- 1/4 spoon
- Salt to taste
- Refined oil- as required
- Curry leaves- 2 sprigs
- Onion paste- 1 cup
- Chopped tomato- 2 medium
- Cumin powder- 1 spoon
- Pepper powder- 1/4 powder
- Coriander powder- 2 spoons
- Green chillies- 3 long halves
- Cilantro leaves chopped- 1/2 cup
- Ginger and garlic paste – 1 spoon
- Dried red chillies- 2
- Lemon juice- 3 spoons
- Chilli powder- as required
Step 1: First cut fish into pieces and twice clean with fresh water and sea salt.
Step 2: Combine fish pieces coriander powder, cumin powder, pepper powder, pinch of salt, lemon juice in a bowl. set aside to marinate.
Step 3: At medium flame, heat oil in a non-stick pan add onions paste, ginger and garlic paste, curry leaves and red chillies.
Step 4: Saute it well for 3min, add chopped tomato, green chillies, salt, turmeric powder. Mix all the ingredients well and add cup of water to gravy.
Step 5: Check for salt, add tamarind pulp and boil it for 10min at low flame.
Step 6: Add fish pieces and cover with lid, at medium flame cook recipe for 5-10min.
Step 7: Check in middle whether fish pieces are cooked are not.
Step 8: Sprinkle chopped coriander leaves for delicious flavor to the recipe.
Step 9: Later off the flame and serve fish curry with hot steamed rice.
Enjoy the taste of spicy south Indian fish curry
Fish: Fish is a nutritious food with excellent source proteins, minerals and vitamins. It is a low fat food and contains essential omega-3 fatty acids. It has many health benefits such as
- It helps to reduce the risk of heart stroke
- Fish manages sugar levels in the blood
- It improves blood vessel elasticity.
Tamarind: An ingredient with sour and sweet taste as well most essential ingredient in many recipe for more taste. Tamarind contains anti-oxidants that fight against various bacteria and fungi. It also contains lot of nutrients such as vitamin C, niacin and thiamine.
Cumin powder: Cumin has ability to treat digestion problems, improves immune system. It also plays major role in treating piles and respiratory problems.
Turmeric powder: It is the main ingredient used in many recipes, Turmeric has lot of benefits like controls diabetes, reduces cholesterol level, prevents cancer causing agents, Improves digestion.
Onions: Onion adds flavor to the recipe, it is the rich source of chromium which helps tissue cell to respond the insulin in blood. Onion contains anti-oxidants that helps to relief from cold. It plays a vital role in reducing peripheral vascular diseases.
Cilantro: Cilantro leaves are good for health, it is recommended for all the recipes. Cilantro is particularly used to garnish various main course dishes. Cilantro is also known as coriander or parsley.
- Cilantro leaves lowers the cholesterol levels, It contains anti-oxidants that protects from lung cancer.
- Anti-septic properties present in cilantro controls mouth ulcers, good for menstrual flow, It plays major role in supporting nervous system.
Lemon: Lemon is rich source of nutrients and pectin fiber. It has lot of medicinal values and anti- bacterial properties. Lemon plays vital role in purifying blood, maintains immune system.
- It helps to balance oxygen levels in liver and strengthen liver by providing energy to it.
- Lemon improves digestion and mainly works as powerful anti agent.