Gujiya is a sweet that is fried and stuffed inside with semolina or rawa sweet mixture. This is a very popular North Indian sweet dish. Ingredients like suji and maida flour are used for making of this Mawa or rawa gujiya. How to make, introducing the recipe of gujiya sweet or mawa gujiya by step by step process and video. Gujiya sweet looks flaky & crispy outer with sweet stuffing inside. Fry these gujiyas according to your taste because some people love to eat crispier the outer part and some don’t. It is easy and simple to make Gujiya sweet at home.
Ingredients required for making Gujiya sweet
- Maida – 500 grms
- Ghee – 5 tbsp
- Salt – 1 tbsp
- Milkmaid – 400 grms
- Sugar powder – 200 grms
- Grated dry coconut – 2-3 tbsp
- Dry fruits
- Refined oil for deep frying
- Suji/ Bombay rawa – 100grms
Procedure of making Gujiya sweet / Gujhiya at home
- Take a plain bottom pan on the stove and give a light flame to it. Now add suji / semolina to this empty pan and sauté until golden brown in color.
- Add milkmaid or condensed milk to this fried semolina or suji and mix it well.
- Put the dried fruits and grated dry coconut and mix it well. Turn off the flame and collect the mixture into a plate.
- Add sugar powder and mix it well. Keep this aside.
- Take another empty bowl and add maida or all purpose flour to it.
- Add ghee and salt to this maida powder and mix it well by adding little water. Make a nice smooth dough.
- Make small flat balls with this all purpose or maida dough. Take a chapathi board and press this flat dough with chapathi roll stick slightly and put the semolina or rawa mixture in between to it.
- Nicely fold all the sides in the shape of Gujiya by pressing all sides. Follow the same with remaining dough and semolina mixture.
- Meanwhile take a pan on stove and add oil for deep fry. After oil is hot put this Gujiyas into the oil and fry by turning both the sides.
- Tasty Gujiya sweet is ready to eat.
- Make sure you fold all sides of Gujiya while making them. If not the sweet stuffing will come out while frying the Gujiyas in hot oil.
- Maida dough or all purpose dough should be mixed as smooth as you can so that the Gujiyas will taste awesome after frying.