Are you a great lover of French fries? Did you ever try making French fries at home? Do you know how simple to make French fries at home? Yes it is French fries recipe on howtomake. Some like to eat French fries in a thick form and other in thin French fries. The taste is same but the only difference lies in crispiness. Potato French fries are coated with salt. Preparing of French fries is simple. The only trick to get restaurant style French fries is “double frying”. Pick the big potatoes for nice French fries shape. This French fries are best served with tomato ketchup. Lets see how to make crispy French fries at home.
Ingredients required for making potato French fries
- Potatoes – 3
- Oil for deep fry
Procedure of making French fries
- Wash the potatoes and peel off the skin.
- Chop the potatoes vertically in the shape of French fries. Put them in water immediately after cutting the potatoes pieces.
- Now put a vessel or pan on the stove and add water. Add salt.
- Boil the water for 5 minutes. Now add chopped potatoes. Let them boil for 5 minutes.
- Drain the excess water from the potato pieces. Take a fresh cloth and put the potato pieces on the cloth. The cloth will absorb excess water from the potato pieces.
- Refrigerate the pieces by packing in a cover for at least 30-45 minutes.
- Take a pan on the stove and add oil for deep fry. Take out the potato pieces from refrigerator and put them in the hot oil.
- Fry them till golden brown in color. Tasty French fries are ready to eat.
Serve hot along with tomato ketchup.