A winter season fruit with delicious taste and health benefits. Strawberry is wide range commercial fruit with unique flavor. These berry fruits are of four types. they are black berries, cranberries, blueberries and raspberries. It contains phyto nutrients that includes flavonols and anthocyanins.
Several researchers had confirmed that strawberry plays a major role in improving and regulating sugar levels in blood. It is a high fiber fruit with lot of health and beauty benefits.
Facts about strawberry fruit:
- Strawberry is the member of rose family
- We find fruits that contains seeds inside to it but this is the only fruit which have seeds on the outside.
- Strawberry is recommended by the doctors to avoid the risk of heart diseases.
- Strawberry contains anti-oxidants that fight against various cancer symptoms.
- Strawberry is a low calorie fruit with high amount of vitamins, fiber and amino acids.
- Strawberry is an heart shaped fruit, mainly grown in California.
- Strawberries should be stored in refrigerator for few days. Rinse the carefully before you serve.
- Strawberries are used in making recipes, salads, fruit jams, sauce, desserts, milk shakes, smoothie. Especially these are used to make pickles too.