On any occasion we can see at least one dish which is made with potato. The beauty of potato is, it can be mixed and cooked with any other vegetable easily. Even the taste improves when it is mixed with any other vegetable. Today we are going to taste the potato without mixing with any other vegetable. Lets feel the taste of real potato in this recipe. For fragrance we are taking the help of cumin seeds.
May be you tried cooking plain potato dish at home but try preparing this potato cumin seed curry which is best dish that you should not miss tasting it. It is best served as a side with paratha and roti. We can even find this potato cumin seed dish in the restaurants. Try preparing this dish at home with out cool recipe. Lets see how to prepare potato cumin seeds curry at home.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
Servings: 2 – 3 persons
Ingredients required for making potato with cumin seeds
- Potatoes – 3
- Oil – 4 tbsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tbsp
- Chopped ginger – 1 tbsp
- Chopped green chillies – 2
- Salt – 1 tbsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
- Mango powder – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 2 pinches
- Red chilli powder – 1 tbsp
- Fresh coriander leaves (for garnishing)
Process of making potato with cumin seeds curry
By listening to this recipe name we can think that the cumin seeds plays major role in making of this potato curry. Cumin seeds improve the taste and fragrance of this potato cumin curry.
- Boil the potatoes in a pressure cooker and chop them into pieces.
- Take a pan on stove and give a medium flame. Add oil to the pan and heat it.
- After oil is hot add jeera/cumin seeds into the hot oil.
- Add chopped ginger, green chillies, salt, coriander powder, mango powder, turmeric powder and red chili powder.
- Sauté for 1 minute. Add chopped potatoes and mix it well.
- Garnish the dish with fresh coriander leaves.
Suggestions and reviews for potato cumin seeds curry
Instead of raw potato you can even use the boiled potatoes for making this tasty curry.
Best ways of serving potato cumin seeds curry
Serve this potato cumin seeds curry by garnishing with green coriander leaves and serve as a side with roti and paratha.