By listening the name of this paneer do pyaza we can imagine that this dish is made up of onions. For making of this cottage cheese curry the onion is used in two ways. Firstly we will use the onions as a vegetable by using finely chopped pieces. And secondly the big piece onions are used by separating the layers of onions. You can even make this paneer do pyaz or paneer onion curry in dry form. But if you would like to taste this along with rice means, it is better to prepare in gravy format. It is easy to prepare this curry at home.
Preparation time: 15 – 20 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
Servings: 2 – 3
Ingredients for paneer do pyaza curry / cottage cheese curry
- Paneer – 400 grms
- Tomato – 1
- Onion – 2 big size
- Ginger and garlic paste – ½ tbsp
- Green chillies – 2 – 3
- Green coriander leaves
- Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
- Cumin powder – ½ tbsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tbsp
- Garam masala – ½ tbsp
- Red chilli powder – 1tbsp
- Cumin seeds – ¼ tbsp
- Elachi – 1
- Kasuri methi
Process of making paneer do pyaza / cottage cheese curry at home
- For making paneer do pyaza or cottage cheese curry firstly cut the paneer pieces into big. Now make a tomato puree by grinding the tomato pieces. Cut the green chillies into half and remove the seeds. Then finely chop the onions. Now cut the other onion into four big pieces.
- For paneer do pyaza or cottage cheese curry we need to fry the big piece onions and keep this aside. Now add oil in pan and give a medium flame. Add cumin seeds and garlic cloves.
- Now add finely chopped onions and ginger garlic paste. Mix it well. After changing the color of onions add remaining masala powder and mix it well.
- After frying all masalas put the tomato puree or paste in it. Cook it well after that add kasuri methi powder. Now add paneer pieces and fried onions and mix it well. If required add water and let it boil. Add fresh cream and stir it well. Switch off the stove and garnish the dish with coriander leaves.
Suggestions and reviews
- For making this paneer do pyaza curry or cottage cheese curry you can fry the paneer pieces and start cooking the dish.
Best ways of serving paneer do pyaza / cottage cheese curry or gravy
Paneer do pyaza / cottage cheese curry is best served with salad and papad as a side dish along with roti or non or tandoori roti.