Today we are going to introduce the non-vegetarian fry recipe called “chicken fry”. This crispy and crunchy chicken fry is best served as a starter or snack. It is popularly known as kodi vepudu or chicken vepudu in Andhra. You can find this dish as a starter on every restaurant menu. Dry chicken fry recipe doesn’t need many ingredients. Corn flour adds a crispy texture to the chicken fry. We considered the boneless chicken for making this chicken fry dish, instead you can also choose the chicken with bone. Adding food color to chicken pieces while marinating is optional. If you like to see the pieces in nice red color means you can add the color. Garnish the chicken fry pieces with coriander leaves and slices of raw onions. Do you love to taste the chicken fry with any sauce? Then try tomato ketchup or red chilli sauce as a side to taste chicken fry.
Ingredients required for making chicken fry at home
- Boneless chicken pieces – 500 grms
- Turmeric powder – 1 tbsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tbsp
- Salt – 1 tbsp
- Garam masala – 1 tbsp
- Ginger and garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Lemon juice – 1
- Corn flour – 2 tbsp
- Food color (optional)
- Oil (for deep fry)
How to make / procedure of making Easy chicken fry at home
- Take fresh boneless chicken pieces in a bowl and wash it nicely.
- Add turmeric, red chilli powder, salt, garam masala, lemon juice and ginger garlic paste. Mix it well.
- Add corn flour powder and mix it well. Add food color. Soak this for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, take a deep fry pan on stove and fill it half with oil. Give a medium flame and let the oil get hot.
- Now put the marinated boneless chicken pieces in the oil (one by one like pakora).
- Fry them till golden red in color for 10 minutes. Collect the chicken fry pieces into a serving plate.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve it hot.
Tasty chicken fry is ready to eat. Best serve this fry starter with onions and lemon. Watch easy chicken fry recipe video.