Drumstick milk curry is a traditional Indian recipe that is prepared by adding milk to it. Drumstick milk curry is also called as munakkaya pala kura dish in Andhra. This south Indian style curry is best to taste along with rotis, pulkas, chapathis, dosa and even with white rice. Drumstick milk curry is a flavorful dish that can even prepare with coconut milk. Preparing of drumstick milk curry doesn’t need much ingredients. Lets see how to prepare this at home.
Ingredients required for making drumstick milk curry at home
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 2
- Red chilli powder – 1
- Mustard seeds – 1 tbsp
- Chopped green chillies
- Chopped onions – 1 cup
- Chopped drumsticks
- Curry leaves
Procedure of making drumstick milk curry at home
- Take a pan and add 2tbsp of oil to it. Add mustard seeds, green chillies, curry leaves and 1 cup of chopped onions.
- Saute for 2 minutes. Add chopped drumsticks and sauté for 2 more minutes.
- Add red chilli powder, salt and turmeric powder. Mix all the ingredients well.
- Now add glass of milk and mix it well. Add glass of water. Cover the vessel with lid and cook for 5 minutes.
- Garnish the drumstick milk curry with coriander leaves and turn off the flame.