Dhokla is a perfect breakfast or snack or main course item. It is a vegetarian food item that originates in Indian state of Gujarat. Dhokla is prepared in many styles even in the microwave. Dhokla can be baked in a microwave because it gives a nice taste and also it is an easy process of preparing dhokla at home. Dhokla looks yellow in color and spongy in texture. People of all ages love to eat dhokla especially children likes the texture because it is similar to cake. Lets see how to make the dhokla at home.
Ingredients required for making dhokla at home
- Eno powder
- Gram flour – 1 cup
- Curd – 1 cup
- Chopped green chillies
- Turmeric powder – 1 tbsp
- Sugar – 2 tbsp
- Ginger & garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Salt – 1 tbsp
Procedure of making dhokla at home
- Take a bowl and add gram flour to it. In this add turmeric powder, salt, ginger garlic paste, sugar, green chilles and a cup of curd.
- Add 3tbsp of oil and mix the gram flour well. Now add little water and make a smooth light thick paste.
- Add eno powder and little amount of water. Mix it well.
- Take a pan (used for baking) and brush few drops of oil to the surface. Put this mixture into it. Bake for 20 minutes on 180C.
- Now put this dhokla in a plate and start making small pieces.
- Now take a pan on the stove and add 2tbsp of oil. Put chopped green chillies & curry leaves and give a stir fry. Add water and 1 tbsp of sugar. Mix it well. Collect this into a small bowl.
- Now spread this mixture on the dhokla pieces and garnish it.
Tasty and yummy dhokla is ready to taste.