Are you a chicken or non-veg lover? Is your mouth watering by listening chicken curry name? Here is the simple and quick recipe of afgani chicken curry. Chicken lovers must try this gravy or curry recipe. Among all the Non-veg items chicken is the most lovable and easy to prepare. There are lots of ways to prepare chicken dishes. Everyone follows their own style to enjoy the real flavors in chicken. We picked one among them which is Afgani chicken curry. Chicken consists of more proteins and less fat. Come lets try this afgani chicken curry at home with this cool recipe.
How to make afghani chicken curry
- Preparing time – 6-10 mins
- Cooking time – 21-25 mins
- Servings – 4 persons
Ingredients for preparing chicken curry afghani
- 1 inch long bone chicken pieces – 750 grms
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tbsp
- Curd – ¼ cup
- Salt (required)
- Garam masala or chicken garam masala powder – 1 tbsp
- Onions (Chop into small pieces) – 3
- Whole cashews – ¼ cup
- Watermelon seeds – 1 tbsp
- Poppy seeds – 1 tbsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Kesar (Saffron) – 1 pinch
Step by step procedure of making afghani chicken curry at home
- Take the chicken and clean it well with fresh water by rinsing 2 – 3 times. Prepare a spicy paste with ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, curd, salt and ½ tbsp of garam masala powder.
- Add this spicy paste to the chicken and mix it well. Keep this a side for 1 hour.
- Take a cooker with 1 cup of water and keep it on stove. Add chopped onion pieces, cashews, watermelon seeds and poppy seeds in cooker. Close the cooker with lid and wait till 3-4 pressure whistles. After that turn off the flame and wait till the pressure goes out.
- After that collect that mixture into the small jar and grind it into fine paste. Keep this a side.
- Take a non stick vessel on stove and add oil to it. After oil getting hot add masala mixed chicken pieces and cook them for 5-7 mins. Put that grinded onion paste mixture into the chicken vessel and mix it well.
- After mixing the paste cook the chicken for 3-4mins and add saffron or kesar into it. Mix it well.
- Let it cook for 8-10 mins more. Now the afgani style chicken gravy is ready.
Suggestions and reviews
- While tasting the afgani chicken curry you can feel the flavor of real cashews.
- Choose the fresh curd for cooking this recipe, the freshness of curd gives a special taste if not the curry taste will change.
- Cut the chicken in to small eatable pieces and wash it with water.
Taste: The curry gives a nice creamy and flavored taste
Best ways of serving afgani chicken curry
It is best served along with rice, roti, onion slices and lemon for enjoying the real taste of afgani chicken curry.