Did you try tasty and yummy bread halwa at home? If not try it with our bread halwa recipe. Bread halwa is a delicious sweet item that is prepared for all occasions. Milk and sugar ingredients play a major role in making of bread halwa at home. Some people like to cook this bread halwa with dry bread and some with bread crumbs. We used fresh bread slices for making this bread halwa sweet dish. For garnishing this bread halwa sweet you can use chopped nuts and raisins. Adding saffron milk gives a light color to this dessert item. Bread halwa is tasty and healthy dessert that is easy to prepare at home. Lets see the recipe.
Ingredients required for making bread halwa
- Ghee – 5 tbsp
- Cashew nuts
- Chopped almonds
- Chopped pista
- Bread slices
- Milk – 1 litre
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Cardamom powder – 1 tbsp
Step by step process of making bread halwa at home
- Take a pan on the stove and add ghee to it. After ghee is hot add few cashew nuts, chopped almonds and few pista. Roast them for 5 minutes. Collect them and keep aside.
- Add 1tbsp of ghee to the pan and toast the bread slices.
- Make the bread slices into small pieces. Take another pan and add 1tbsp of ghee. Give a medium flame.
- Put the bread pieces and add 1 liter of milk. Crush the bread pieces in milk and add 1 cup of sugar.
- Mix it well. Add saffron milk and mix it well. Now add roasted dry fruits.
- Mix it well by adding 1tbsp of ghee. Sprinkle cardamom powder and turn off the flame. Mix it well and serve it to a plate.
Tasty bread halwa is ready to eat.